Planning and Practices
GEC’s approach in providing energy solutions for your facilities consists of the following steps:
- Plant Energy Data Review and Walk-thru: As a first step, we would request you to provide us plant energy and water use data for at least a year, information about major energy using equipment and systems, and plant operation. We will analyze the data provided by you and preform a walk-thru of the facility with your designated representative. If we determine a substantial savings potential in your plant, we will submit a proposal for a comprehensive assessment of your plant facility.
- Plant-wide Energy Assessment: This step entails performing an in-depth energy savings study of all your energy using equipment and systems. We will develop energy profile of the plant, select energy savings projects, perform cost-benefit analysis for each, prepare report, and make recommendations. During this stage, we perform preliminary equipment and constructability review to ensure reliable budget cost estimates for implementation of various recommendations.
- Prioritizing and Financing: We will assist you in prioritization the projects based on Return of Investment (ROI), impact on plant operations, and need of plant management. We will review with you all the financing options including performance based financing and arrange for financing the project, if required.
- Implementations: We will perform detailed engineering, prepare bid documents, and select suppliers and contractors for the projects. We will prepare a critical path schedule for project management to ensure timely completion of the projects within the allocated budget. We will train your personnel in the operation of the equipment and systems. We will submit a proposal for implementation on a fixed fee basis or turnkey implementation.
- Monitoring and Maintenance: We will monitor pertinent variables through computer controls and modify software to optimize. We will setup alarms and reporting systems to monitor defective sensors and equipment. We will program equipment operating schedule and adjust as needed.